Help for Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
Call 410-825-5287 for a free medical malpractice consultation
A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is caused by a blow to the head that is severe enough to cause disruption in brain function. TBIs can also occur from rapid, back-and-forth movement of the brain within the skull. This movement is what damages the brain in cases of shaken baby syndrome and in whiplash injuries that result in TBIs.
Effects of a Traumatic Brain Injury:
There are many serious consequences that result from a brain injury, which may include:
- Loss of voluntary or involuntary motor functions
- Loss of reasoning and thinking abilities
- Memory loss
- Sensory loss such as sight, speech or hearing
- Emotional disabilities including depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, etc.
- Speech impairment
- Communication difficulties
Known Causes of a Traumatic Brain Injury:
- Sports injuries (concussions)
- Contre-coup injury
- Secondary impact injury
- Shaken baby syndrome
- Hypoxic or anoxic insult
- Traumatic birth injury
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Axonal shear injury
- Chiropractic manipulation (stroke)
Over our combined 40 years of experience in trial advocacy, our Firm has experienced enormous successes. Working as personal injury lawyers in Maryland, the Firm has obtained some of the largest verdicts in the State of Maryland on behalf of our clients.
Not Sure Yet?
Tell Us About Your Case and We'll Assess It For You.
Accolades for Weltchek Mallahan & Weltchek
OVER $600 MILLION IN VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS FOR OUR CLIENTS